*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 12 November 2012

New beginning.


If you have ever been to Market Harborough and walked from the canal down into the town, you will have passed the Union Inn Hotel, which is a beautiful old building. For most of its life it was known as The Six Packs (as in packs of foxhounds) but most probably know it by the name it has now. In March 2010 the Union Inn Hotel closed suddenly and it had been up for sale, with rumours going around as to who was going to buy or not buy it. Well those rumours have come to fruition because Brooke House College are turning it into student accommodation.

Whilst we have been on our Winter mooring , we have noticed workmen going in and out of the building, so the other day I had a look through the windows and what a sad sight, all of the fixture and fittings have been stripped out of this once beautiful place and all that was left was a shell. Keith and I had our Christmas dinner in the restaurant in 2010 and very nice it was too. Today there are workmen in there knocked seven bells out of the place, with a view to getting it ready for overseas students. Brooke House College has over 200 overseas students and has recently bought up other places and turned them into student housing.
Whilst it is sad that the Union Inn Hotel is no more, it is nice that it is no longer going to be empty, new life is being breathed into the building and once again there will be laughter within the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails