*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 24 November 2012

Christmas Lights Switch On.

christmas tree

Last night Keith and I joined many other locals for the switching on of the Market Harborough Christmas Tree lights. What was a shame was that twice during the day, someone had damaged the tree and lights. What is the mentality of some people?

hfm

This traditional family Christmas lights switch-on event was hosted by HFM. We were treated to Carols from Meadowdale and Market Harborough Church of England school choirs, and of course we were asked to join in, I do love a good sing song and carls gets me in the mood for Christmas.
There were songs from the latest production by Harborough Youth Theatre and the Market Harborough Ukulele Group entertained us all, and again there was a sing-a-long of traditional carols. We last saw them at the Village at War weekend at Stoke Bruerne. The Market Harborough Building Society laid on Mince pies, Mulled wine and Santa was in residence for anyone who wanted to see him. I did not take up the offer for sitting on his knee.
The big switch on of the lights took place at 6pm, and were turned on by the winners of a prize draw held by the building society, they were accompanied by two of Market Harborough’s 2012 Olympic Torch bearers, Dean Barnet and Rob Gomez.

torch bearers

We had a lovely time, this is what the run up to Christmas should be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails