*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 21 November 2012

Christmas comes to Market Harborough.

598421_10151337017349532_338129976_n

Despite the weather yesterday being wet, it did not stop the Christmas tree going up and some of the decorations. The lights will be switched on this coming Friday, so we have to hope the weather improves, because today it is very wet indeed. Whilst I was getting our trolley out of the hold to take the toilet cassette to the sanitary station a gentleman walked passed and said “Lovely weather”. My reply was “It is indeed”. He then said “You sound like you are happy its raining”. I then replied with a laugh “I am a boater, I do not care what the weather does”. I think he thought I was ever so slightly strange as he walked on. I did empty the toilet cassette and get rid of the fires ash, which I bag up when it has cooled down. I prefer to put it in the bin than to have piles of ash on the towpath, especially when moored up in a town area. Piles of ash do not look very nice in a built up area. Talking about bins, yesterday I went into the council offices to ask where the recycle bins have gone from the sanitary station, someone came and took them away a couple of days ago. It seems that Market Harborough is changing their bins for the residence to blue top bins which takes all recycling and they therefore thought there was no need for the bigger bins. I had to explain to the lady at the council that some boaters also like to recycle their rubbish and this has now been taken away from us. Since my meeting at the council offices I have been in touch with CRT and got a lovely e-mail saying that it was being looked into, but also the Biffa bins which all boaters use to put their rubbish in are actually sorted for any recyclables, so I can rest easy knowing that it does not all go into land fill phew. I am still hoping that the recycle bins come back to the sanitary station, because it is nice to have them there to use and saves the rubbish being sorted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails