*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 19 September 2012

Weedon Bec to Stoke Bruerne.

Travelled 10.5 miles in a time of 4 hours and 40 minutes.

Woke up to a very chilly back cabin, so while the kettle boiled on the gas stove, I relit the back cabin stive to generate some heat. Once up and about with all the morning jobs done, we left Weedon Bec at 10.05 am, despite it being a little chilly the sun was shining and it was going to be a wonderful day.
It was very busy at the Weedon winding hole, with three boats winding as we got there.
Pass Stowe Hill.
We waved to Elaine as we passed her and David's boat at High House.
Looking very sad.
Wondered where Reckless went off to, now I know it is at Furnace Wharf being worked on. If you do not know the boat Reckless it was part of a series called "The Boat That Guy Built" which was on the BBC. The boat was not actually bought by Guy Martin, it was purchased for the series and went up for sale after it had finished. The boat needed a complete refit and it looks like it maybe getting it, although the wall paper is the same.
These guys could not read.
We stopped at Gayton Junction to take on water, empty toilet cassettes and get rid of rubbish.
Onward through Blisworth.
Had a quick natter with Tom, we will see him and Pam at The Village at War Weekend.
In to Blisworth Tunnel.
Boat coming in the opposite direction.
Out the other end.
We arrived at Stoke Bruerne, Keith winded the boat and we moored up on our usual mooring for The Village at War weekend. A lovely couple on NB Ticketyboo, were every patient as they waited for us to wind and reverse into the mooring, as they wanted to reverse to the winding hole. I had a lovely conversation with them before they headed back to Blisworth Marina. We went and said hello to Michael on the Cheese Boat, and then got chatting to some lovely people on a hire boat. All in all it has been a fantastic day. 










No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails