*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Thursday 13 September 2012

Top of Buckby Locks to Muscott Mill bridge No.18, near the Heart of the Shires shopping centre

Last night we had a wonderful sunset.
Travelled 1.9 miles, worked 7 locks in a time of 2 hours.

A bright and sunny start to what was a chilly morning. It will not be long before we will be lighting the stove. Autumn is beginning to put in an appearance.
Before working down the Buckby locks we topped the water tank up. There was  hire boat Oak already filling their tank on the water point, so I asked the people on board if they would like to share the locks, to which they were more than happy to accept the invitation. On the lock gate it does still ask that you wait for up to an hour to share the locks. A boat had gone down on its own and they did not wait the hour. Water tank full, we set off with NB Oak and its crew.
There was a pair of boats following on behind us.
There was plenty of water.
It may have been my imagination, but the paddle gear seemed much easier to work this time. We had a great system working with the crew of NB Oak and it was not long before we were at the bottom lock. They stopped for a much needed pump out, so we said "goodbye" and thanked them for their company and help.
The plan was to moor at Muscott Mill bridge No.18, near the Heart of the Shires shopping centre if there was room and it was empty so we pulled in. We have the roar of the motorway and the trains but that will not bother us much for one night. Marmite and Paddy were soon out of the boat enjoying the warm sunshine. Time for a coffee and lunch then we will go for a wander I think. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails