*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Monday 3 September 2012

Shackerstone Family Festival final day.

Sunsets over the festival site.

Last night Keith and I took a pint of Speckled Hen each to the beer tent and sat outside to listen to the music for an hour and half, we chatted to a couple of friends before leaving everyone to their partying, we were both ready for a quiet evening on the boat. The fun fair looked lovely up against the night sky.


Sunday morning and we had Mushrooms on Toast for breakfast, ran the generator to charge the batteries for the day. At 10am we locked the boat up and headed onto the site to soak up the days entertainment. The skies were dull and drizzly rain did try to spoil the day, but it was very light and eventually the sun did pop out to say "Hello".















First thing to see was the Lamb National run by Bob Hogg. It is so much fun I picked Mint Sauce in green, she won a race yayyy.















We then went on to watch The Lincoln County Regulators  at their encampment.


































Lots of shooting and fun was had.















We then went on to watch Jason Smyth and his Adrenaline Tour Stunt Show, which has to be seen to be believed.














Jason sped up one ramp and jumped onto another, which was breath taking.













He also grabbed two t-shirts whilst jumping over the ramps, the t-shirts were then given to people in the crowds which were huge for both his shows.
The whole weekend has been a massive success and everyone who organised and run the festival should be very proud of what they achieved. After lunch we took a more leisurely stroll around the site and chatted to friends we met along the way, we also chatted to some of the stall holders and they all had a great weekend. It has to be said the weather helped no end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails