*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 18 September 2012

Autumn is taking hold.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my darling husband.

The time has come to light the back cabin stove, having woken up to a chilly back cabin. But before lighting the stove the chimney was cleaned and all the crud was cleaned off of the top plate. I do love it when the stove is lit and the back cabin is warm once again. Marmite has taken her place on the side bed where she is basking in the heat.
With the weather expected to take a chilly turn, I am glad I got the bow painted on one side. It is not perfect, but a blind man would be glad to see it no doubt.
With the fire under control, it was time to get out and stretch our legs, so Keith and I locked the boat up and headed off down the towpath to walk around the village. I do love this porthole lace.
Weedon Bec is such a pretty little village and has some stunning homes, not to mention the fact that it also has two pubs, hair dressers, a chemist, post office, green grocers and small supermarket. It has everything you need in a small village. 
Walk over it was back to the warmth of the boat and some lunch with a coffee. The TV went on to watch the Channel 4 afternoon film. Marmite was still hogging the side bed and Paddy the rag rug in front of the stove, they certainly appreciate the stove being lit, as does Keith and his Rheumatism. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails