*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 20 July 2012

River is rising.

SAM_2819

When we arrived at Bugsworth Basin yesterday, the River Goyt was up by 2 foot and rising, this morning whilst out walking Paddy it was up again by another foot.

SAM_2822

It had rained for most of the night I think and so I expect the river will rise even more.

SAM_2820

The low cloud over the Pennines in the distance this morning. The generator went on to charge the batteries and to reset the battery monitor system. With little to do today, I had a quiet morning. having made a coffee I stepped out of the boat to enjoy my coffee on the bank to find Elaine and David on NB Patience mooring up in front of us.

IMG_2214

After a chat on the bank we agreed to go to the Navigation Inn for lunch.

SAM_2850

12.45pm we met up and walked the short distance to the Inn. We enjoyed a wonderful lunch and a local ale. There was lots of chatter and laughter throughout the meal and after. It was so nice to sit down with Elaine and David for a good old natter, the last time we saw them was October last year.

After a lovely lunch we went our respective boats, but I then went out with my camera to get a few shot of the basin.

IMG_2207

SAM_2830

SAM_2833

SAM_2836

SAM_2838

SAM_2845

SAM_2846

SAM_2848

Lime Kilns.

SAM_2849

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails