*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Wednesday 25 July 2012

Marple to Fourlane Ends.

Travelled 4.7 miles in a time of 1 hour 55 minutes.

SAM_2978

Left our mooring in Marple at 9.05am after a quiet evening.

SAM_2982

Passed Goyt Mill.

SAM_2983

Best garden shed on the cut, it is an old pill box.

IMG_2416

Beautiful views.

IMG_2418

Beautiful old tractors.

IMG_2419

At Brownhills Bridge No 15, High Poynton, we heard the sound of a horn and were unsure as to whether it was a car going over the road bridge or a boat, but as we were in tickover passed the moored boats, we were prepared for anything and that was just as well, because coming through the bridge 'ole was Tina and Colin on NB Go For It. There is no better place to meet friends than in a bridge 'ole. It was lovely to see them again, we had the briefest of chats, as they were heading for their mooring for 4 weeks and we were looking to moor up at High Poynton, Colin told us there was possibly one mooring we could get into, so we thank him for the info and wished them well as we both went on our way.

IMG_2422

Blue top Anne was moored up at High Poynton, but no sign of Stuart. Unfortunately we could not moor up, so we carried on to Fourlanes End, where we pulled in on the 24 hour moorings, Keith then walked to the other side of bridge 18 Grimshaws Bridge to see if there was any room on the 48 hour moorings and low and behold it was empty, so we moved from the 24 hour to the 48 hour moorings, as we want to walk to the Anson Museum to find out some information on our engine and we are hoping they can help.

SAM_2987

All moored up, I could not pull the bow in as it is up against something, but the stern is in and that's important for Paddy. We are staying a couple of days, so I will keep you posted on what we get up too.

Since 2008, we have travelled on Hadar 4351.3 miles, worked 2708 locks and cruised for 2184 hours and 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails