*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 13 March 2012

Whaley Bridge.

Map image

After lunch with nothing much to do, I suggested we walk into Whaley Bridge for a proper look around, because the day before we had only walked to Kuranda and back. So having walked a long the towpath and past Whaley Bridge Wharf, with its transhipment warehouse.

SAM_1286

The rear of the transhipment building.

From there we walked into the compact little town, which has a Co-op, Pharmacy, a couple of chippies, fruit and veg shop, pet shop, charity shops, hair dressers etc etc. It has everything we would need. we found a lovely little antique shop which had a few lace and ribbon plates and a Measham teapot in it, but the teapot was damaged and we are not looking to buy anymore expensive plates. We of course went into the charity shops for a nosey, but did not find anything we wanted.

SAM_1287

Some of the stone houses are very pretty. We continued with our wander, which took us back to the wharf, where Historic Working Boat Anne was moored up, but no sign of Stuart.

SAM_1290

On our way back along the towpath, you cannot fail to notice the dreadful state of the 7 day mooring.

SAM_1291

The permanent moorings are all kept neat and tidy, but you cannot moor on the 7 day moorings.

SAM_1292

The bank had collapsed into the canal, making it impossible for a boat to moor. Obviously this is a huge job to put right, I do wonder if it will ever be put right?

SAM_1294

As we walked back to the boat, I did have to giggle at this weather forecasting stone. If only it were that simple. I love the sense of humour of the person living there though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails