*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Sunday 19 February 2012

Sunday

Over night the wind blow up a storm, at 3.30am it woke me from a lovely sleep and I thought it was coming in, but all of a sudden it died and I was able to drift off back to sleep. Keith then woke me at 6am climbing over me to head for the bathroom, so I suggested he make us a cup of tea and put the TV on. We settled down in bed to watch Challenge TV, the delights were "Are you smarter than a 10 year old" and "Bullseye" with Dave Spikey. It filled an hour and half, I was then ready to get up and Paddy was ready for his walk. With the temperature dropping to -3.5c over night, we had a hard ground frost, but the sun was shining, so we were in for a lovely day, the wind had also dropped to a dull roar, but it did make for a chilly feel against my face as Paddy and I walked along the towpath.

Before 10.30am, I had walked Paddy, collected sticks for the fire, got coal in from the hold for both fires, hoovered through the boat (luxury) and stoked up both fires, Keith had cooked us a lovely breakfast and cut down a box for me, which I want to put on top of freeze to hold towels. Together we then resealed the rocker cover on the engine.

SAM_1225

Keith produced our travel Scrabble, so with a coffee we sat down and had a game. I unfortunately lost by 4 points, but I will do my best to beat him next time.

SAM_1226

Paddy wanted to join in.

After some lunch, I got on with sewing a zip into Keith double fleece, I then found an old piece of material to make myself a tidy.

SAM_1227

It hangs on the wall by my chair, so I can put all my bits and bobs in it. The last one I made 3 years ago, Marmite clawed it to death. Since taking it down some months ago, I had been meaning to make another.

Boats have been coming and going past us today, so it looks like people are on the move, many of them probably out from the marinas for the weekend. There had been four boats moored on the aqueduct, but it is just us on our jack jones now. For the past couple of days, I have been meaning to give Paddy a good brush, because he is moulting something dreadful, so I took him outside and stripped all the dead hair out of his coat, the dead hair is now sitting in a bush, so the birds can take it for nesting material.

I have nothing planned for the rest of my day, except to sit and watch "Dancing on ice" later. Before that though, I will have dinner to cook, animals to feed, fires to make up and of course the washing up to do before bed. But for now I am going to put my feet up and have another coffee xx.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails