*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Tuesday 14 February 2012

Stoppage: Lock 38 (Kings Lock) to Lock 31 (Double Rail Lock)

Stoppage: Lock 38 (Kings Lock) to Lock 31 (Double Rail Lock)

17 Mar 2012 - 01 Apr 2012

Associated Regional Office: Central Shires Waterways

As a result of the continued dry weather, the reservoirs which supply the GU Leicester Line are not re-filling as planned, so work needs to be undertaken to reduce water loss on the canal to prolong the 2012 cruising season.

Therefore, the canal will be closed to allow the 8 locks to be drained and have all the gates re-lined to reduce water leakage through them.

The nearest winding hole to Lock 31 is upstream of Lock 30 (Kilby Lock).

The 8 locks within this section will be drained and the water level in the adjacent pounds will also be lowered. Therefore, no boats will be permitted to moor within this length for the duration of the works.

British Waterways apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

(Enquiries: Telephone 01827 252000 during normal office hours.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails