*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Saturday 14 January 2012

Cold start.

IMG_6094

The temperature began to drop off sharply last night, giving us a pretty sunset, this photograph does not do it justice.

Having enjoyed a fantastic nights sleep, we were awake at 7am listening to the birds waking up. I think most of them were on the bird feeders enjoying the opportunity to get some food without having to work to hard to find it. The temperature got down to -4.1c overnight, so we woke to a very heavy frost and a think layer of ice on the canal.

gallows Hill

After a cup of tea in bed and the TV on for the Challenge Channel, it was time to get up and take Paddy out for his walk, which I was looking forward to because I love walking in a heavy frost.

IMG_6099

Paddy was off like a rocket along the towpath, a lot of this reaction was to do with the gas guns going off some where in the distance. Gas guns for anyone who does not know what I am talking about, they are used by farmers to protect their crops from birds and animals eating their crop. They are extremely loud and can be a real nuisance.

gas gun

They are not supposed to fire anymore than four times in an hour and they should not go off before sunrise or after sunset according to the NFU. Some not only scare the birds they also scare pets. Paddy hates them, I am sure something like this in his early days scared him so much he really hates them now.

IMG_6119

Having enjoyed a lovely morning stroll watching the sun coming up, we headed back to the boat where Keith was making me toast and a coffee. I fed Paddy and Marmite, before sitting down to enjoy my breakfast, I then got on with the job of sorting out the saloon fire. The back stove I had done, whilst we enjoyed our cup of tea in bed, in order to warm the cabin up a little.

I have no idea what I am doing for the rest of the day, but it will include resting my wrist, which seems to be improving.

Chat later xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails