*****Is going there and back to see how far it is.*****













Hi I am Jo…wife, lover, best friend and soulmate to Keith. Lover of all things to do with nature and the canals. I am passionate about the Waterways and its history.


I hope you will join me in my rambles and do please comment – I love to hear from and meet new people in blogland!

Life on the cut through my eyes.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
*****Stay safe and warm out there..*****













Friday 25 November 2011

Snarestone back to Shackerstone Part 2.

Hi Folks.

I bet you did not expect to see me twice in one day.

I mentioned on Part One that I was off to do some lunch, well lunch was eaten in The Rising Sun Pub. The last time we ate there was some 3 to 4 years ago, when we came to one of the Shackerstone Festivals, so we thought we would see if anything had changed.

SAM_0932

I am pleased to say nothing has changed, it is a warm and friendly pub and the food was still just as good as I remembered.

SAM_0965

We both enjoyed Cod in beer batter, chips and peas all washed down by a couple of pints of Marstons Pedigree. SAM_0968

After such a huge lunch, we walked up past the old school which dates back to 1844. The school closed in the 1930's and it is now the village hall. We carried on up to the railways station, but it was all shut up, so we will have to wait until the weekend to have another look around.

On the way back to the boat the sky began to look ominous.

SAM_0969

In the distance we spotted a rainbow.

As the afternoon wore on the wind got up and the rain began to fall, just as well we have the fires going. It is nice to be back at Shackerstone. If you have never cruised the Ashby Canal you are missing out on a real treat, because it is a lovely canal. The only draw back is it needs dredging badly. If only it was a little deeper it would be perfect in my opinion. But with cut backs here, there and everywhere, I think it unlikely it will be dredged anytime soon. So for now come and enjoy the Ashby Canal at snails pace, it is fantastic.

Chat soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am sorry but I DO NOT publish ANONYMOUS comments, nice ones or otherwise, so if you want your comment posted please leave your name when posting. I will not post SPAM or advertising for products either. I will then do my best to reply. Thank you for leaving me a message.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails